Excerpt taken from Thudfactor.com with permission. Read the whole article here. Thud said my thoughts better than I could. So dig it and get where I am coming from.
Obama recently said something about autism and vaccinations:
Weâ€™ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are suspicious that itâ€™s connected to the vaccines. This person included. The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it. [Â Washington PostÂ ]
According to the Obama campaign, â€œthis personâ€ refers to someone in the crowd who asked a question about autism, not Obama himself. But regardless, weâ€™ve had to endure another round of â€œpeople who doubt vaccines are irresponsible superstitious nutjobsâ€ posts from people who ought to know better.
I say they ought to know better because they are liberal bloggers who have often written about the gross failures of this administration, particularly in health care and regulatory roles. Letâ€™s go over the narrative again:
- The FDA is underfunded, understaffed, mismanaged, and rushed.
- The CDC is underfunded and rushed
- The Bush administration often pressures government researchers to give the answers it wants
- The Bush administration often suppresses research it deems damaging to its own interests and those of corporate friends.
- Health care is primarily run for profit in this country.
- Medical pregnancy care is rife with dangerous advice, contradictory advice, and procedures done for legal cover and physician convenience, not the best interests of the patient.
- Weâ€™ve foundÂ leadÂ andÂ date-rape drugsÂ in childrenâ€™s toys, thanks to failing regulatory infrastructure.
- Thereâ€™s recently been a number ofÂ high profile, safe drugsÂ pulled from the market which were approved, again, thanks to failing regulatory infrastructure and government pressure.