While in the car (no, we’re not always in the car) the other day while listening to the Beatles, we were talking about them. It’s true. I realized I had been listening and learning from their music for almost 25 years. It’s sort of a faux pas in the music community to mention your Top 10 favorite songs. Or any Beatles favorites, for that matter. But I think that’s a load of rubbish.
Without sounding clichÃ©, their music transcends time and without the recording innovations that George Martin and Geoff Emerick brought to us, the recording and music industry would have gathered more moss. There’s only one more thing to say about the Beatles, and it’s that the world would be a less creative place without them.
- It’s All Too Much (Yellow Submarine)
- A Day In The Life (Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band)
- I’m Looking Through You (Rubber Soul)
- Tomorrow Never Knows (Revolver)
- Rain (Paperback Writer B-Side)
- Flying (Magical Mystery Tour)
- I’ve Got A Feeling (Let It Be)
- Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey (The White Album)
- Here Comes The Sun (Abbey Road)
- You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Help!)