So it’s been announced. Nikon has just said it is to release a new digital SLR. The Nikon D50. This camera will break the $1000 price barrier. Retailing at $899 including a AF-S DX 18 – 55 mm F3.5 – F5.6G ED lens. Virtually a 27 – 85 mm equiv. FOV, 3x zoom.
Some features include:
- New 6.1 effective megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD imaging sensor
- Advanced digital image processor that marks a further evolution of analog and digital processing and pre-conditioning technologies
- 3D Color Matrix Metering II
- Near-instant 0.2-second power-up, and quick shutter response
- Continuous shooting at 2.5 frames per second
- Fast 5-area AF system with predictive focus tracking and Lock-onâ„¢
- Fast shutter speed with a range from 30 to 1/4,000 sec
- Fast flash sync shutter speeds up to 1/500 sec.