The Macworld Apple Keynote Address was yesterday.
Some new items:
- iWork – I guess this is an updated 2006 version of AppleWorks. Correct me if I am wrong. (Yawn) Don’t really know much about this at all.
- iLife – Some features updated. iPhoto allows more photos. Added iWeb which is perhaps the lamest name ever. I know Apple is still riding the wave of iNames, but I think it’s getting stale. It’s a little too 2002 for me. They should rename is dWeb, for dumb fucking name, assmuch. Yeah, I said it.
- MacBook Pro – Dual processor laptop. That’s pretty darn awesome. iSight built in. Badass. And I am hearing you can install Windows on these news Macs for a dual boot system. Might help the accelles heel that Apple has had in the games department for years.
- iMac – Is there anything new besides the processor, dual boot option with Windows and the Frontrow software? Seems like the same updates the MacBook received.
- Intel Processors – Seems to me that I recall these were actually supposed to come out in the Spring or Summer of this year. Ahead of schedule, are we? Remind me again when
OSXcloneVista was supposed to come out again? 2003? (ahem)
So I was not too impressed with this round of new product. But it’s no serious disapointment. The speed of these computers kick it. And to think, it will be the day when Windows OS recognizes a Mac file. Sheesh. But yeah, hopefully when the 2nd iteration of the Intel processor based iMac’s come out in the spring we’ll get two. One for the studio and one for the office. I can’t wait.