Soundtrack of the day: FZ’s hot rats & strictly commercial, dub room video, MONSIII, Jackie’s summer mix tape entitled “Spring is here, where are you?”, Morphine’s YES, Galaxie 500’s on fire, Rodan’s rusty & Unrest’s B.P.M. 1991-1994.
What a lazy ass day. I went to be last night (morning) around 5am. Then I woke up almost a few hours later. Why the fuck cant I ever sleep? So basically I laid in my bed all morning. I just didnt want to get out. It’s quite comfy. I heard my ‘rents making breakfast and cooking for the upcoming holiday this week. I dont remember which one is coming up. I just know there is lots of brisket and casha. Yum. So i finally got out of bed, took a buttload of self-portraits in the mirror and even put some up in the portfolio section. After that I watched the infamous LUCKY GUNS video shot by Feetnik at the legendary SEBASTIANS in Murfreesboro, TN. Quite the spectical. I think it was much cooler being there…but the video was very cool. I wish Corey’s geetar was louder. Damn afro. After that I decided to watch Frank Zappa’s dub room special 1982. I think everyone should watch this video. It should be a rite of passage to be a human being. Things would be much more nice if that happened. We would say “Good god, aint that funky!” on a daily basis. Now, isnt that what you want?! I am telling you man.
Oh and I did have some apple waffles somewhere in there. Yummy. Did I have a hang over? I dont know. I never really had one before. Yes, my bones ache and yes i am exhausted. But that could be because i only got a few hours of sleep. Hmmmmmmmm. God, i wanted to kiss her last night.
Mat’s 11 Top Favorite FZ Quotes:
1. “Most people wouldn’t know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass.”
2. And now….you are going to dance…like you’ve never danced before!
3. “Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
4. “The hardest thing for me to do is play straight up and down, absolutely the hardest to do. Stuff that everybody else does naturally just seems as impossible as shit to me. I don’t think in little groups of twos and fours and stuff- they just don’t come out that way. I can sit around and play fives and sevens all day long with no sweat. But the minute I’ve got to go do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do it feels weird, it’s like wearing tight shoes. So I’m going to keep practicing. It’s like leaming how to speak English if you’ve been speaking something else all the time. It’s like trying to develop a convincing English accent.”
5. “Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.”
6. “Let me give you some facts here, okay? When the PMRC first came out with all of this stuff, they didn’t want to have anything to do with rating country and western. And then I raised this question on the air, I said, you know, like, you got this husband- and-wife team from Tennessee and they don’t want to rate country and western. What is it – an affirmative action program to help the suffering multitudes in Nashville? The fact is, a lot of people in Nashville put money into Gore’s campaign.”
7. “There is no hell. There is only France.”
8. You can’t write a chord ugly enough to say what you want sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
9. “I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world… if you’re cute, or maybe you’re beautiful… there’s more of us UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS out there than you are!! So watch out.”
10. “Information is not knowledge,
Knowledge is not wisdom,
Wisdom is not truth,
Truth is not beauty,
Beauty is not love,
Love is not music
and Music is THE BEST”
11. “Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!!” / “Good god, aint it funky” (tie)