The other day I noticed our street was spewing water slowly. I called 311 and the next day there was a crew there digging up the earth or rather the pavement. The water main for our house had a small rupture. It was easily fixable, but it left us with out running water for close to 36 hours. When we were packing the car to Nan’s to shower the main guy said, “Where are you going, we’re gonna turn the water back on now!” – Of course. Go figure. Just our luck. Regardless it was fine and the water did come on.
But the upstairs bathroom toilet did not stop pushing water. Probably unrelated, it was just odd. So it was wait for a plumber after the landlords called one in or I could take it in my own hands. The parts couldn’t be more than $15 and it would only take 30 minutes to replace the parts inside that were faulty. So after weighing the options I decided to do it myself as toilets are fairly simple mechanical devices. It actually wasn’t too bad other than bumping up my knees a bit on the tile. Yay to new innards in our upstairs bathroom. Get your poop on.